Sunday, October 5, 2008

Disney Oversight #5

THERE ARE NO BUTLERS AND CHEFS IN REAL LIFE!!

And tragically, there is a rarely mentioned disease from which I suffer... it's called KITCHENITIS!! That's right... I'm severly allergic to kitchens!! I break out in hives, chapped hands, suds-covered clothing, shortness of breath, and start seeing spots. Prolonged exposure to the kitchen area causes me to break out in a severe case of taurets (sp?) that would make a sailor blush! I have no doubt that if I did not take the proper precautions to exit he kitchen as quickly as possible, anaphalactic (sp?) shock would soon follow!!

That being said, I'd like to point out one misconception... I CAN COOK!! However... I hate it so much, I rarely allow Prince Charming the satisfaction of this wonder. He has been known to break out the video camera just to prove I do go in the kitchen. I believe the last time he did this, he asked "Are you okay?" To which I quickly responded with, "No, I can feel my nipples chafing!" And as if it isn't funny enough the first time, try stumbling across that video on your computer hard drive 3 months later. Clean up in office supplies please!!!

It should be very clear to you by now that if you find a frilly apron in my home, it should be folded neatly in the lingerie drawer!!

HOWEVER, in honor of Mr. Lady's Holiday Recipe contest I am going to post my favorite recipe to make. Notice, I said favorite to MAKE. That is code for "this is so flipping easy ANYONE can do it." Granted, it does involve my second least favorite kitchen activity (the #1 least favorite is dishes) and that is sticking my hands into raw meat. Despite that, the torment is brief and the satisfaction is worth it.

So here's the recipe:

EASY PEASY MEATLOAF
(STOLEN FROM A MAGAZINE I GOT 3 YEARS AGO)
Ingrediants:
1 cup water
1/4 cup beef gravy
2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg Stovetop
2 eggs beaten

Preheat over to 400 degrees
Mix ingrediants
Shape into 4 loaves on foil-covered baking sheet
Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through

Serve up with some mash potatoes and extra gravy and you've got a quick, easy meal!!

We usually cut the recipe in half and add 10-15 minutes to the cook time b/c I'm a WELL DONE girl when it comes to hamburger. Sometimes, in a bind (i.e. no canned gravy) we substitute sour cream for the gravy and it turns out well. We NEVER have leftovers (and that is definately a rarity in this house)

I've fed this to family and friends (without killing them) and I've shared it with others. Everyone who has tried it loves it and it's so easy it's just sickening.

2 comments:

Mr Lady said...

Meatloaf and Stove Top? TOGETHER? You're singing my song, sister.

Veronica said...

I can't wait to try this one, it does sound really good.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Who's Stalking Me?