Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What I've been doing this evening...

If you'd like to see my whole list visit my other blog. But seriously, I deserve bonus points for accomplishing this one:
  • I'm in the process of bleaching the coffee pot.
  • Granted, my coffee pot has only been used a handful of times... however, the last time my mother was here, she made her morning coffee before she left.
  • Kindly, she left me coffee.
  • Unfortunately, I forgot about it until one day the coffee pot actually growled as I passed by it.
  • Being one of a weak stomach, I decided it would be better to let the creature die of starvation before I tackled it.
  • Because frankly... coffee pots are CHEAP!!
  • Besides... corpses are easier to dispose of than live kicking, biting, possibly toxic creatures!!
  • Now the creature is DEAD and I'm trying to salvage the pot so Mom & Dad can have coffee when they get here.
  • Oh don't groan... I've seen my mother clean up a coffee pot far worse than this one was.
  • And though I never wanted to drink coffee from it, it never seemed to phase her one bit!

Okay, maybe I don't get bonus points becase it's my own stinking fault it mutated in the first place. But seriously... I cleaned it. I didn't just wait for the Queen to come rescue it. I actually cleaned it!! You don't even have a clue...

4 comments:

CelticBuffy said...

I've cleaned nasty coffee pots before. Yuck. It's amazing though what a little elbow grease (and salt) will do.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Oh. I have been there. I have seen a demoned coffee carafe (or whatever they call the glass thingie-ma-boppers that capture the trickling liquid caffeine.

But, they can be cleaned. Bleach and rinse around, and around all the stain and then leave. Possibly with a cloth on top to hold more of the potency in.

And, never thought of salt for that? But, celticbuffy makes an awesome point! Because salt is "abrasive." :-D

mix salt and bleach and see what happens. That sounds like a fabulously toxic beverage....for cleaning, I mean.

Of course. [smiley-wink]

Anonymous said...

old barmaid tip.. to clean the inside of a glass coffee pot.

half full of ice cubes.. a small amount of water... just enough to swish....and salt....

now... swish it around.... keep doing it... don't stop.... ok... dump and rinse.. replace.... and head home.. the bar is clean;..

Anonymous said...

We always got a free drink while we were cleaning the bar...we always did this while we were finishing up our drinks.. it really does work

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Who's Stalking Me?