For those of you that don't know, I come from a complicated family. Okay, let me rephrase that. There is NOTHING complicated (fucked up? yes, but complicated? no) about my family. THERE is, however, A LOT of things complicated (and very fucked up) when it comes to my paternal DNA provider!!
Let me give you a quick tangled web of my siblings (try to stay with me):
- DNA married Wife1 had BigSis. Wife1 leaves DNA takes kid moves to Hawaii.
- DNA married Wife2 but no kids.
- Instead he gets UnWifeA knocked up with BigBro and since she hates DNA she marries another and BigBro never knows his real family.
- DNA meets Mom Queen! They have ME!! UhOh... better divorce Wife2! so Mom Queen makes Wife3 but that was dumb and she figures it out.
- Unfortunately, she doesn't figure it out until she meets UnWifeB. UnWifeB is young and used to babysit me, but when Mom Queen goes to see UnWifeB's new baby and WOWZERS!! That's one of DNA's Kids!! Yeah!!
- So Mom Queen leaves DNA and he goes on to marry Wife4. Wife4 gives him BabySis and lets him adopt her son. But Wife4 doesn't know his little secret and finally ends up divorcing him years later.
- After DNA spends many years
milking the government for every dimerepaying his debt to society, he marries Wife5 and has BabyBrother.
That's the Reader's Digest version. Hope you kept up!
Not the point though... the point is, I got to thinking about this whole disconnected family thing. Truth is, I don't speak to DNA and I will not be speaking to him for as long as he lives. So what does that mean? Well, here's where that "thinking" comes into mind. You see, I was 25 when BabyBrother was born!! That's right!! Twenty-FRIGGING-Five!!! Better than that, BigSis was Thirty-THREE!! The real kicker? I'll be 43 when my baby brother turns 18!! WTF!!! BigSis will be over 50!!! Holy FUCK!! This is just INSANE!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah... be jealous... my family is more messed up than theres!----------------------------------
And, browsing the bloggies... I must commend Kelly Dawn for this one. I'm not usually the quizzy type, but who can resist being compared to the classic beauties?
And the verdict came back...
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz..
You Are a Marilyn!
You are a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.How to Get Along with Me
- Be direct and clear
- Listen to me carefully
- Don't judge me for my anxiety
- Work things through with me
- Reassure me that everything is OK between us
- Laugh and make jokes with me
- Gently push me toward new experiences
- Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
- (OMG I think they nailed me!)
- being committed and faithful to family and friends
- being responsible and hardworking
- being compassionate toward others
- having intellect and wit
- being a nonconformist
- confronting danger bravely
- being direct and assertive
- the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
- procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
- exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations (Add in the perfectionism of a Capricorn and what-a-mess!)
- are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
- are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
- are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
- are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at HelloQuizzy
FYI... this was creepy!!