- Pay as many compliments as you can today. Whether you tell someone their outfit looks nice or you let your cashier know she was very sweet. Push yourself to acknowledge the everyday people in your life. A kind words truly does go a long way. While you will probably never know if you affected anyone today, I assure you that your words will brighten at least one person's day if you only put forth the effort.
- Pick five bloggers that you think deserve an extra special compliment. You can of course choose more if you like, but for those who have a giant blog roll it might not be practical to give everyone their own individual compliment. It's just a matter of sharing the love around blog land. You know we all need that pick-me-up from time to time.
So here goes my compliments along with a reason THEY made the top 5 and YOU might not of. It's not that I don't like YOU just as much... it's just that... well... frankly these guys scare me most!
- FIRST we have the Queen! Why is she first? Because she knows my home address! And frankly, I am unable to relocate my entire family in the six hours it takes her to fly here on her magic carpet! Plus, that 50-year-old batalax can probably kick my skinny little butt! SO... time for the compliment!!! No surprise here... YOU ARE THE BEST MOM IN THE WORLD! YOU ARE A STRONG, WONDERFUL PERSON AND THOUGH YOU CAN BE A LITTLE OFF KILTER FROM TIME TO TIME, THOSE WHO LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE RATHER THAN SOME FAKE IMAGE OF WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO SEE. I LOVE YOU! Okay... wipe the damn tears from your eyes because we all know that was some sweet and sappy shit. But it was true. So now on to #2.
- SECOND we have the wonderous, fabulous, amazing Aunt Chris!! Now, I must confess that she's not really my Aunt, but please don't go spreading that around... you'll give her a complex! Because even if she is just some random blogger my mother met on the blognet... she's a pretty decent lil' sis to Mom. I mean seriously, you know you've got a good friend when you can talk to each other on the phone long after you've taken a break from Blog World! So Chris definately needs a big compliment... YOU ARE AN AMAZING FRIEND AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE A GREAT GRANDMOTHER... WAIT... NOT A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER BECAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE YOU WAY TOO OLD... BUT YOU WILL AT LEAST BE AN AWESOME GRANDMA!! YOU HAVE SO MUCH LOVE AND HUMOR IN YOUR HEART THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD BE ANYTHING BUT AWESOME AS A GRANDMA.
- Okay, now that we got the two big WHINERS out of the way... *don't hit me, I'm fragile!!* ...we can move on to those who are less likely to hunt me down and beat me in the Wal-Mart parking lot! #3 is going to CELTIC BUFFY... why her? Well, I figure she deserves something for sticking around through the BIG MOVE and still being around after my various dry spells. And for that, she deserves a huge compliment! THIS WOMAN IS AMAZING! I HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE BALANCING A FULL TIME JOB, THE OGRE CHILD, AND A BLOG. THIS WOMAN IS WORKING OUT HER DEBT, RAISING HER KIDS, AND GOING TO NURSING SCHOOL. ALL WHILE MANAGINNG TO KEEP HER OWN BLOG UP AND RUNNING. SHE'S ALWAYS GOOD TO LEAVE A COMMENT FROM TIME TO TIME JUST TO REMIND YOU YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN BLOGLAND. AMAZING!! I'M GLAD WE STUMBLED INTO THE SAME BLOG-O-SPHERE!
- Okay, just so you know, it's starting to get hard to pick. So here goes nothing!! TT and Sunshine are both friends with me on Facebook. So we'll give them compliment #4. TT really needs to know that for a woman of (I'm not revealing her age)... THAT IS ONE GOOD LOOKING WOMAN! SERIOUSLY... I WANT TO BE HER WHEN I GROW UP!! and Sunshine... SHE CRACKS ME UP! MAYBE NOT EVERY DAY, BUT WHEN I'M LEAST EXPECTING IT, SHE MAKES ME SPIT COFFEE! Please stick around ladies because you are amazing assets to Blog World!! *HUGS*
- And last but certainly not least... Farmer*s Wife... that woman is my image of MARTHA STUART! SERIOUSLY, CLEAN HOUSE, HAPPY KIDS, SWEET PERSONALITY, FUNKY NON-VULGARITIES, GREAT HAIR DAYS AND A GOOD GLASS OF WINE AT THE END OF THE DAY! WHAT MORE COULD I ASK FOR? I THINK SHE NEEDS TO OPEN SOME TYPE OF "STEPFORD'S WITH A BRAIN AND OPINION" SCHOOL SO WE CAN ALL LEARN THESE FABULOUS SKILLS OF HERS!
That's right... breathe in all the ego boostin compliments. You all know full well that when No Name Calling Week is done and over with you're going to need these compliments just to survive being around me. I'll be so far under with withdrawls that I'll start calling my friends names just for the fun of it.
So, to those on the list... and those who are not scary enough to make the list... I want you to know I appreciate and enjoy the company of all of you! Please keep up the great bloggin and don't forget to compliment those great friends that you've made here in BlogLand!!