Other perks... (gotta keep it kinda on the downlow so the Queen doesn't know what she's getting)
- Over $200 off jewelry at Zales
- 50 pk Old Western DVD's for Dad $13 (Pamida)
- Sew Machine for me $49 (Walmart)
- Food Saver for Prince Charming $48 (Kmart)
- Two mini pizza stones for P.C. $13 (Pamida)
- Disney Toddler bed for Ogre Child $48 (Kmart)
- 70% off fleece sleepers for O.C. (Target)
- Digital Camera for nephew $15 (Target)
- 90% off Photo Paper for nephews(Staples)
- Dehydrator for BIL $30 (Pamida)
- Serving dishes for SIL $8 (Kmart)
- Spa bath set for boss $7 (Walmart - Dec 26, 2007)
I only had to pay full price for 4 gifts!! And even then two of those were only because I had no idea what to get and I'm tired of shopping. So I copped out and bought the preboxed gift sets for $20. The other two were toys for a niece and nephew. I might have payed full price for the O.C's potty chair but at $17 for a chair that will grow with her... I can't complain.
In the end, I'm just fed up with shopping. I even gave up on my fave SIL and got her a gift card to go with some small things she'd picked out.
A frame for a picture, a Border's gift card, and a gift card to a restaurant and we're finished.
Even with the saving up and careful shopping, I always feel like I've spent too much by the time it's over. And then, I think to myself... I DON'T EVEN CARE! Even if it makes money a bit tight... I'm okay with it. Because I'm not big on keeping up with the birthdays/anniversaries/other special occasions in the lives of those I love. So I figure that once a year, I'm entitled to splurge on those I love to see them happy!
And I don't care one bit what I get in return. (Though I did treat myself as you all know... but I deserve it).
What I care about is...
- my parents will be here for Christmas morning (their first with OC).
- My SIL loves my daughter as if she were her own and spoils her almost as much as the Queen.
- I have 3 nephews who are the sweetest boys in the world.
- My baby sis remembers us even though we only talk about twice a year.
- I only have to drive 30 miles this Christmas (WOOHOO!!)
- Though "budget cuts" have reduced the size of my family, the amount of LOVE in my family has tripled!! **
- Did I mention I spoiled myself at Zales? hehe
There's one more week of hecticness left in the "Workshop" and while the boss is playing hooky/sobering up... it's going to be a MESS!! The weatherman has predicted Reindeer poop by the foot!! So while I'm trying to keep over-excited, unfocused, and down-right lippy adolescent elves focused on their studies so they can grow up to be halfway decent, well-rounded, humans with High School diplomas... I hope the rest of you find some time to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the Shopping Frenzy!
This holiday season I wish you the following...
- Family and friends who matter deeply to you
- Hearts filled with love and caring
- Thankfulness for the things you are able to give as well as for what you recieve
- A heartfelt wish that you have the food, shelter, and loving company that we all so desperately need
- (and maybe something sparkly and pretty under the tree on Christmas morning)
** Footnote: In case you aren't "in the loop", I assure you that the "Budget Cuts" have nothing to do with money... we'll chalk it up to "conflict of interest"... I'm interested in raising a well rounded, semi-sane child who is not confused about her moral issues... THEY have seriously deranged morals and hurt their own family members at the first sign of a dispute. My editors tell me we just don't need that kind of drama in this FairyTale production. So we cut a few cast members and the whole scene runs much more smoothly :)